Wednesday, August 31, 2011

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday really snuck up on me this week! No exciting finishes, but I have made progress . . .

Ongoing projects
Cappuccino Bali Pop Quilt - All the strips are stitched together, cut per instructions, and in the block-piecing process! Yay!

4x5 modern Quilt Bee blocks - Done, and mailed! {see here} I confess, I'm so happy with how these turned out! The aqua and orange block block seems to be one of the flickr favs.

Dead Simple Quilt Along with Lily's Quilts - Due to start in September - I'm researching palettes.

100 Quilts for Kids Quilt Along - I cut my own DS print charm squares and plan on putting together a Storytime Squares quilt with Kate's quilt-along. 

For the Love of Solids - Oh dear. With all the other 'dates' swirling in my head, I messed up on the deadline for this project, but am on my way now. It's definitely in progress, but I'm drafting my own pattern, which is not necessarily in my comfort zone. I have a plan though - now just need to find the time to execute it! Here's a sneak peek.

Sibling quilt #1 - You may remember my Geese in the Park quilt made with Central Park. My brother and sister-in-law really like this quilt, and as soon as I can get a label made, I'll be shipping it off to them. Another yay!

Upcoming projects
* Stash quilt - zig zag quilt
Shades of Grey.
* Swoon quilt with Terrain!
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3.
* Try making a pouch!

On hold
Block-a-palooza quilt along needs basted and quilted.


Let's go check out more w.i.p.s over at Freshly Pieced!
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love seeing NEW things! I also like seeing new things on that upcoming projects list, very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sneak peek! That is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! Your solids project looks amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of it. And your 4x5 blocks are very cool. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your solids project looks great! I missed the bali pop plan, it looks very interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many projects, Debbie! Your solids sneak looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, love your new projects! The orange and aqua block is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your "Upcoming Projects" section which includes your attempt to make a pouch. :) I'm also liking the solids sneak peak. Have you purchased some Terrain yet? :)

    ReplyDelete