Friday, October 5, 2012

To the Finish Part Quatre

The fourth quarter of Quilter in the Gap's 2012 Finish-A-Long begins soon, and it's pretty obvious by glancing around my sewing room what should be on my list.

Christmas lap quilt - It's simple piecing and construction, I just need to get to it. I have the 9 center blocks done; 16 more outer blocks to go. And I foresee some organic straight line quilting, just like the coordinating tree skirt.
Beginnings of a Christmas quilt

Modern Crosses quilt - Everything's cut out. Again, I just need to get sewing. Even the backing for this one is planned and just waiting to be pieced. I anticipate sending this one to the long-armer due to its size.

Mod Pop - I'm not quite behind on the QAL, but if I don't get busy I will be. At least this one will be baby quilt size, but still. I'm letting those curves intimidate me, and I really need to stop that.
Mod Pop block mock-up

And since it seems I always add one more just in case, I'd really like to pull together the Binary blocks made by my Modern Blocks Bee. Though the mosaic shows just the blocks posted in flickr, I actually have 11 blocks, so it wouldn't take much to whip up the last one and piece the top. I'm not really thinking about too creative of a layout, but we'll see for sure when I get there.

I think this line up will be plenty challenging considering all the littles on my wip list. I better turn my machine on and start sewing!

13 comments:

  1. I have missed stopping by to see what beautiful creation is on the Quilter's table. Glad to be back in the loop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! All your projects look so great! I love all those turquoise and blue colours with white!
    I just got those polaroid blocks that I won from your give away! They are the moste sweet and beautiful! Thank you again!
    x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to seeing the addition of the outer block on your new quilt project. Looks great so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you home sewing today? I am off to work soon. Your bee blocks look great. The quilt will be so modern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always have such fun projects. Love the mod pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have lots of fun things to work on! Hope you have a productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have your work 'cut out' for you! :-) Get cranking and then, bless us with the results! Have a fun weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great modern list of 'to-do's! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great modern list of 'to-do's! Super!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That should be plenty to keep you going :o) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a lot of great projects on the go Debbie. If I smell smoke, it will be from your machine as you finish these up! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness you're busy. Love all the blocks and can't wait to see them finished

    ReplyDelete