Thursday, June 2, 2016

7 Patterns I Keep Handy

A few weeks ago, I went through every drawer and cubby in my part of our shared office/studio and sorted and organized. I've been wanting to do that for a very long time!! One of the things I went through was a stack of patterns I've printed over the years. Most I tossed out, knowing I could find them again if I ever wanted them. But I kept out a handful, that when the time comes, I want to have at the ready, and I thought that short list might be work sharing. Now I know we all have our favorites, but here's some of mine - all of which I've used numerous times:

1.  Make a D-Sleeve for Hanging Your Quilt by tallgrass prairie studio - I use this every time I enter a quilt in a show.

2. Lapped Zipper by Pile O'Fabric - My favorite zipper method for pillows.

3. Lined Drawstring Bag by In Color Order - One of my favorite gift bag patterns, and I do love a hand-made gift bag.


4. Drawstring Bag by s.o.t.a.k handmade - My other favorite gift bag and super quick.


5. Log Cabin Hexi Potholders by SewCanShe on Craftsy - Great made with scraps, and they've been well-received every.single.time.

Scraptastic
6.  Noodlehead's Open Wide Zippered Pouch - It's perfect and always fun to make.


7. Kindle Case by Ellison Lane Quilts - Easily adaptable to any size tablet and recipient's taste.


How about you? Share some of your favorites in the comments!

14 comments:

  1. http://ayumills.blogspot.com/2010/08/tutorial-lunch-bag.html
    Favorite little lunch bag by the ever sweet Ayumi! I keep this handy and batch make them to use as adoption bags that are filled with goods and given to adopters at my local county animal shelter. Perfect size for a thank you gift!m and i love her awesome instructions and ever so sweet talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://sewlittlefabric.blogspot.com/2010/12/humbug-bag-how-to-insert-zipper.html
    And i keep this one handy too! Love the continuous zipper as opposed to the short zip. I batch make these as well and fill with homegrown catnip to add into the bags i referenced above. I usually also attach big floppy ears to the top side to resemble a mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, as you have provided the link above, i wont repeat here, but Annas OWP is also something i use all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you know, your own Triple Zip Pouch is one of my very favorites! ;) It's quick to make and ever so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Ayumi's lunchbag is a favorite of mine too. Also, Three Owls dainty tote (http://threeowlshandmade.blogspot.com/2014/11/dainty-tote-bag-tutorial.html)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very useful list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very useful list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, great patterns. Thank you so much for sharing. I had purchased fabric to make a coworker a lunch bag and haven't found a pattern until now! LOVE the one you gals posted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list - thank you for sharing. I used the Noodlehead zipper pouch a number of times now - I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your list. I whipped up a couple of the Log Cabin Hexi potholders last night for the first time. Easy, easy. One of my long time favorites is the lunch bag by Ayumi that is noted above. I've made it several times in various sizes. I have also made your triple zip bag several times a couple of them using the Noodlehead Open Wide Zipper for the top zip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great list. I've made most of them for gifts at one time or another!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous list. I like The Quinn cozy from Fancy Tiger https://www.fancytigercrafts.com/freepatterns/quinn-cozy-pdf-pattern such a quick sew and it has the calculations for making it the right size to fit any tablet. I've made it several times and am always impressed and how easily it goes together

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll add the Jane Market Bag :)
    ~ Debbie @ Shadowsoftheblueridge

    ReplyDelete